It's Make-It-Monday again, and I'm craving some chocolate. Here at The Together home, we have a couple of gluten sensitivities, and so I'm always on the prowl for gluten free recipes that don't taste like cardboard, ha!
This recipe is one that I've adapted as I've made it. I added some of this and some of that to make it even better and I even added some peppermint essential oil to give it a perfect chocolate- mint combo.
Here you go!
Gather your ingredients:
1 C granulated sugar
4 T butter
4 T milk
2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling)
2 t vanilla extract
1 1/3 c of your favorite gluten free flour blend
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
optional 3-5 drops of peppermint essential oil
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Grease a 9 x 13 glass pan
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, milk, and butter- cook until it comes to a boil then remove from heat.
4. Add 2 cups of chocolate chips and stir until melted.
5. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
6. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth.
7. Add peppermint oil and mix
8. Pour into greased pan and sprinkle more chocolate chips on if desired.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
Serve it up warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and basically you win at parenting ;)
I would love to hear from you if you give this recipe a try!